Thursday, May 31, 2007

Research Project Evaluation

Research Project:
1. Do you think your writing has improved overall by doing this paper? Explain.
After writing this paper, I felt that I've improved in my writing. After Lili and Adrianne's correction, I learned more of the rules in English and know how to do references. The most important of all, I know how to paraphrase. Maybe we can't feel how much we improved, but I know I must have improved at least some in my writing than before. Looking forward for the teacher's feedback next week.

2. What are some of the skills you improved in while doing the paper?
I've learned how to do reference list and most important of all, I learned how to "write" in my own words but not copying from other papers. This is a very good experience for me, when entering university, being smart in writing papers is very important for university life.

3. How do you feel about your paper?
I feel great about my paper~~ Egyptian Pyramids is the topic which I always liked and wanted to do more research on. This research project gave me the chance to explore more. Though it was a hard time to find information that are really useful, I enjoyed the progress while doing my paper. After a 6-month study here in Concordia, my feel that after this paper, I can find what's my strong part and my weak part.

Presentations:
1. Did you enjoy listening to the presentations?
Absolutely yes! The presentations are great! Every student did well in working on their presentations and all of us spend lots of time practising. Each presentation has it's own style and own way of showing their thesis. Everybody did a great job in presenting. I believed we've all learned a lot.

2. What did you learn about presentation techniques while listening to them?
While listening to others presentation, I learned that to look at the audience is very important. When the presenter look at the audience, the audience will be more concentrated on the presentation and be full of passion. At the same time, the presenter will be more involved and present better. When doing the PowerPoint, we shouldn't put to many words on it, or else the audience will read the PowerPoint instead of listening to what you've presented.

3. What did you learn during the process of preparing for your presentations?
It was fun to do the PowerPoints while preparing for my presentation. Especially finding the beautiful pictures to support my project. I learned that it's always important and necessary to put references when we take others pictures or sentences. The process of preparing for my presentation was fun and I improved a lot in doing presentations, really hope to do more presentations...

4. Were you satisfied with you own presentation?
I was satisfied with my presentation. Thanks to the audience, you asked a lot of questions. At first I was quite nervous, but through the whole presentation, the audience concentrated in my presentation and it gave me confidence. I was also very glad to tell you about this topic of mine, and share the interesting things in Egypt.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Great job on the Research Project!
I think all of us in this class imporved a lot in writing and speaking after we did this project. Although we are still not experts to English, i believe one day we will be!